TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Application and Acceptance of the Terms
- You may not access or use the Services or the Sites and may not accept the Terms if (a) you are not of legal age to form a binding contract with AAA, or (b) you are not permitted to receive any Services under the laws of Singapore or other countries / regions including the country / region in which you are resident or from which you access and use the Services and the Sites.
- AAA may amend any Terms at any time by posting the relevant amended and restated Terms on the Sites. By continuing to access or use the Services or the Sites, you agree that the amended and restated Terms will apply to you.
Provision of Services
- You must register as a member on the Sites in order to access and use some Services. Further, AAA reserves the right, without prior notice, to restrict access to or use of certain Services (or any features within the Services) to paying Users, or subject to other conditions that AAA may impose in our discretion.
- Services (or any features within the Services) may vary for different regions and countries. No warranty or representation is given that a particular Service or feature or function thereof or the same type and extent of the Service or features and functions thereof will be available for Users. AAA may in our sole discretion limit, deny or create different levels of access to and use of any Services (or any features within the Services) with respect to different Users.
- AAA may launch, change, upgrade, impose conditions to, suspend, or stop any Services (or any features within the Services) without prior notice.
- As a condition of your access to and use of the Sites or Services, you agree that you will comply with all applicable laws and regulations when accessing or using the Sites or Services.
- You agree that (a) you will not copy, reproduce, download, re-publish, sell, distribute or resell any Services or any information, text, images, graphics, video clips, sound, directories, files, databases or listings, etc available on or through the Sites (the “Site Content”), and (b) you will not copy, reproduce, download, compile or otherwise use any Site Content for the purposes of operating a business that competes with AAA.sg, or otherwise commercially exploiting the Site Content. Use of any content or materials on the Sites for any purpose not expressly permitted in the Terms is prohibited.
- You agree not to undertake any action to undermine the integrity of the computer systems or networks of AAA and/or any other User nor to gain unauthorized access to such computer systems or networks.
- You agree not to undertake any action which may undermine the integrity of AAA’s feedback system, such as leaving positive feedback for yourself using secondary Member IDs or through third parties or by leaving unsubstantiated negative feedback for another User.
- By posting or displaying any information, content or material (“User Content”) on the Sites or providing any User Content to AAA.sg or our representative(s), and to the extent permitted under applicable laws, you grant an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, and sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) license to AAA.sg to display, transmit, distribute, reproduce, publish, duplicate, adapt, modify, translate, create derivative works, and otherwise use any or all of the User Content in any form, media, or technology now known or not currently known in any manner and for any purpose which may be beneficial to AAA, the operation of the Sites, the provision of any Services and/or the business of the User. You confirm and warrant to AAA that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the above license. Information that is protected under data protection laws will only be used and kept in compliance with those laws.
- User must be registered on the Sites to access or use some Services (a registered User is also referred to as a “Member” below). Except with AAA’s approval, one User may only register one member account on the Sites. AAA may cancel or terminate a User’s member account if AAA has reasons to suspect that the User has concurrently registered or is in control of two or more member accounts. Further, AAA may reject User’s application for registration for any reason.
- Upon registration on the Sites, AAA shall assign an account and issue a member ID and password (the latter shall be chosen by a registered User during registration) to each registered User. An account may have a web-based email account with limited storage space for the Member to send or receive emails.
- A set of Member ID and password is unique to a single account. Each Member shall be solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your Member ID and password and for all use of and activities that occur under your account (whether such use or activities are authorized or not). No Member may share, assign, or permit the use of your Member account, ID or password by another person, even to other individuals within the Member’s own business entity (where applicable). Member agrees to notify AAA immediately if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or your account or any other breach of security of your account.
- Member agrees that all use of the Sites and Services, and all activities that occur under your account (including without limitation, posting any company or product information, clicking to accept any additional agreements or rules, subscribing to or making any payment for any services, sending emails using the email account or sending SMS) will be deemed to have been authorized by the Member.
- Member acknowledges that sharing of your account with other persons, or allowing multiple users outside of your business entity to use your account (collectively, “multiple use”), may cause irreparable harm to AAA or other Users of the Sites. Member shall indemnify AAA, our affiliates, directors, employees, agents and representatives against any loss or damages (including but not limited to loss of profits) suffered as a result of the multiple use of your account. Member also agrees that in case of the multiple use of your account or Member’s failure to maintain the security of your account, AAA shall not be liable for any loss or damages arising from such a breach and shall have the right to suspend or terminate Member’s account without liability to the Member.
- Each Member represents, warrants and agrees that (a) you have full power and authority to accept the Terms, to grant the license and authorization and to perform the obligations hereunder; (b) your access and use the Sites and Services will be for business purposes only; and (c) for Members who are business entities, the address you provide when registering is the principal place of business of your business entity.
- Member will be required to provide information or material about your entity, business or products/services as part of the registration process on the Sites for your access to and use of any Service or the member account. Each Member represents, warrants and agrees that (a) such information and material whether submitted during the registration process or thereafter throughout the continuation of the use of the Sites or Service is true, accurate, current and complete, and (b) you will maintain and promptly amend all information and material to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
- Each Member represents, warrants and agrees that (a) you shall be solely responsible for obtaining all necessary third party licenses and permissions regarding any User Content that you submit, post or display; (b) any User Content that you submit, post or display does not infringe or violate any of the copyright, patent, trademark, trade name, trade secrets or any other personal or proprietary rights of any third party (“Third Party Rights”); (c) you have the right and authority to sell, trade, distribute or export or offer to sell, trade, distribute or export the products or services described in the User Content and such sale, trade, distribution or export or offer does not violate any Third Party Rights and (d) you and your affiliates are not the subject of any trade restrictions, sanctions or other legal restrictions enacted by any country, international organization or jurisdiction.
- Each Member further represents, warrants and agrees that the User Content that you submit, post or display shall:
a) be true, accurate, complete and lawful;
b) not be false, misleading or deceptive;
c) not contain information that is defamatory, libelous, threatening or harassing, obscene, objectionable, offensive, sexually explicit or harmful to minors;
d) not contain information that is discriminatory or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
e) not violate the Product Listing Policy, other Terms or any applicable Additional Agreements
f) not violate any applicable laws and regulations (including without limitation those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, or false advertising) or promote any activities which may violate any applicable laws and regulations;
g) not contain any link directly or indirectly to any other web Sites which includes any content that may violate the Terms.
- Each Member further represents, warrants and agrees that you shall/are:
a) carry on your activities on the Sites in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations;
b) conduct your business transactions with other users of the Sites in good faith;
c) carry on your activities in accordance with the Terms and any applicable Additional Agreements;
d) not use the Services or Sites to defraud any person or entity (including without limitation sale of stolen items, use of stolen credit/debit cards);
e) not impersonate any person or entity, misrepresent yourself or your affiliation with any person or entity;
f) not engage in spamming or phishing;
g) not engage in any other unlawful activities (including without limitation those which would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, etc) or encourage or abet any unlawful activities;
h) not involve attempts to copy, reproduce, exploit or expropriate AAA’s various proprietary directories, databases and listings;
i) not involve any computer viruses or other destructive devices and codes that have the effect of damaging, interfering with, intercepting or expropriating any software or hardware system, data or personal information;
j) not involve any scheme to undermine the integrity of the data, systems or networks used by AAA and/or any user of the Sites or gain unauthorized access to such data, systems or networks;
k) not, and your director(s), officer(s), controlling party/ies, affiliates and legal jurisdiction in which any of the foregoing persons or entities is organized or has operations are not, persons or entities that are subject to any economic or fraud sanctions of any governmental, international or regulatory entities; and
l) not engage in any activities that would otherwise create any liability for AAA or our affiliates.
- Member may not use the Sites, Services or member account to engage in activities which are identical or similar to AAA’s e-commerce marketplace business.
- Member acknowledges and agrees that AAA reserves the right to, but shall not be required to actively monitor or exercise any editorial control whatsoever over the content of any message or material or information (including User Content) created, obtained or accessible through the Services or Sites. AAA does not endorse, verify or otherwise certify the contents of any comments or other material or information (including User Content) created, submitted, posted, displayed or otherwise made by any Member. Each Member is solely responsible for the contents of their communications and may be held legally liable or accountable for the content of their comments or other material or information.
- Member acknowledges and agrees that each Member is solely responsible for observing applicable laws and regulations in its respective jurisdictions to ensure that all access and use of the Site and Services are in compliance with the same.
Breaches by Members
- AAA reserves the right in our sole discretion to remove, modify or reject any User Content that you submit to, post or display on the Sites which we reasonably believe is unlawful, violates the Terms, could subject AAA or our affiliates to liability, or is otherwise found inappropriate in AAA’s sole discretion.
- If any Member breaches any Terms, or if AAA has reasonable grounds to believe that a Member is in breach of any Terms, AAA shall have the right to take such disciplinary actions as it deems appropriate, including without limitation: (i) suspending or terminating the Member’s account and any and all accounts determined to be related to such account by AAA in its sole discretion without liability for any losses or damages arising out of or in connection with such suspension or termination; (ii) restricting, downgrading, suspending or terminating the subscription of, access to, or current or future use of any Service; (iii) removing any product listings or other User Content that the Member has submitted, posted or displayed, or imposing restrictions on the number of product listings or User Content that the Member may post or display; (iv) imposing other restrictions on the Member’s use of any features or functions of any Service as AAA may consider appropriate in its sole discretion; and (v) any other corrective actions, discipline or penalties as AAA may deem necessary or appropriate in its sole discretion.
- AAA reserves the right to cooperate fully with governmental or regulatory authorities, law enforcement bodies, private investigators and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any suspected criminal or civil wrongdoing. Further, to the extent permitted by applicable laws and policies, AAA may disclose the Member’s identity, contact information and/or information regarding the Member’s account(s), transactions or activities carried out on or via the Site, if requested by a government, regulatory or law enforcement body or an injured third party, or as a result of a subpoena or other legal action. AAA shall not be liable for damages or results arising from such disclosure, and Member agrees not to bring any action or claim against AAA for such disclosure.
- Each Member agrees to indemnify AAA, our affiliates, directors, employees, agents and representatives and to hold them harmless, from any and all damages, losses, claims and liabilities (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) which may arise from your submission, posting or display of any User Content, from your access to or use of the Sites or Services, or from your breach of the Terms or any additional agreements.
- Each Member further agrees that AAA is not responsible, and shall have no liability to you or anyone else for any User Content or other material transmitted through the Sites or Services, including fraudulent, untrue, misleading, inaccurate, defamatory, offensive or illicit material and that the risk of damage from such User Content or other material rests entirely with the Member. AAA reserves the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by the Member, in which event the Member shall cooperate with AAA in asserting any available defenses.
Transactions Between Buyers and Sellers
- Through the Sites, AAA provides electronic web-based platforms for exchanging information between buyers and sellers of products and services. AAA additionally provides electronic web-based transaction platforms for Members to place, accept, conclude, manage and fulfill orders for the provision of products and services online within the Sites. However, for any Services, AAA does not represent either the seller or the buyer in specific transactions. AAA does not control and is not liable or responsible for the quality, safety, lawfulness or availability of the products or services offered for sale on the Sites, the ability of the sellers to complete a sale or the ability of buyers to complete a purchase.
- Users are hereby made aware that there may be risks of dealing with people acting under false pretences. As user verification on the Internet is difficult, AAA cannot and does not confirm each User’s purported identity (including, without limitation, paying Members). We encourage you to use various means, as well as common sense, to evaluate with whom you are dealing.
- Buyers and sellers accessing or using the Sites or Services shall assume the risks of conducting any purchase and sale transactions in connection with or through the Sites or Services. Buyer and sellers accessing or using the Site or Services shall also fully assume all risks of liability or harm of any kind arising out of or in connection with any subsequent activity relating to the products or services that are the subject of the transactions on the Sites. Examples of such risks shall include, but are not limited to, mis-representation of products and services, fraudulent schemes, unsatisfactory product quality, failure to meet specifications, defective or dangerous products, unlawful products, delay or default in delivery or payment, cost mis-calculations, breach of warranty, breach of contract, transportation accidents, the risk that the manufacture, importation, export, distribution, offer, display, purchase, sale and/or use of products or services offered or displayed on the Sites may violate or may be asserted to violate Third Party Rights, and the risk that Users may incur costs of defense or other costs in connection with third parties’ assertion of Third Party Rights, or in connection with any claims by any party that they are entitled to defense or indemnification in relation to the assertion of rights, demands or claims by claimants of Third Party Rights. Examples of such risks also include the risk of claims from consumers, other purchasers, end-users of products or other third parties that they have suffered injuries or harm from their use of the products obtained through the Sites or Services. All of the foregoing risks are referred to as “Transaction Risks”. AAA is not liable or responsible for any damages, claims, liabilities, costs, harm, inconveniences, business disruptions or expenditures of any kind that may arise a result of or in connection with any Transaction Risks.
- Buyers and sellers on the Sites are solely responsible for setting out and performance of the terms and conditions of the transactions conducted on, through or as a result of use of the Sites or Services, including, without limitation, terms regarding payment, returns, warranties, shipping, insurance, fees, taxes, title, licenses, fines, permits, handling, transportation and storage.
- User agrees to provide all information and materials as may be reasonably required by AAA in connection with your transactions conducted on, through or as a result of use of the Sites or Services. AAA has the right to suspend or terminate any User’s account if the User fails to provide the required information and materials without liability for any losses or damages arising out of or in connection with such suspension or termination.
- In the event that any User has a dispute with any party to a transaction, such User agrees to release and indemnify AAA (and our agents, affiliates, directors, officers and employees) from all claims, demands, actions, proceedings, costs, expenses and damages (including without limitation any actual, special, incidental or consequential damages) arising out of or in connection with such dispute or the transaction.
Limitation of Liability
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE SERVICES PROVIDED BY AAA ON OR THROUGH THE SITES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS”, AND AAA HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTIES OF CONDITION, QUALITY, DURABILITY, PERFORMANCE, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, CONDITIONS, AND UNDERTAKINGS ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED.
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AAA MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE VALIDITY, ACCURACY, CORRECTNESS, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, STABILITY, COMPLETENESS OR CURRENTNESS OF ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SITES; AAA DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE MANUFACTURE, IMPORTATION, EXPORT, DISTRIBUTION, OFFER, DISPLAY, PURCHASE, SALE AND/OR USE OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED OR DISPLAYED ON THE SITES DOES NOT VIOLATE ANY THIRD PARTY RIGHTS; AND AAA MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND CONCERNING ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE OFFERED OR DISPLAYED ON THE SITES.
- Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the Sites or Services is done at each User’s sole discretion and risk and each User is solely responsible for any damage to its own or to AAA’s computer system(s) or any loss of data that may result from the download of any such material. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by any User from AAA or through or from the Sites shall create any warranty not expressly stated herein.
- The Sites may make available to User services or products provided by independent third parties. No warranty or representation is made with regard to such services or products. In no event shall AAA or our affiliates be held liable for any such services or products.
- Each User hereby agrees to indemnify and save AAA, our affiliates, directors, officers and employees harmless, from any and all losses, claims, liabilities (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) which may arise from such User’s access to or use of the Sites or Services (including but not limited to the display of such User’s information on the Sites) or from your breach of any of the terms and conditions of the Terms. Each User hereby further agrees to indemnify and save AAA, our affiliates, directors, officers and employees harmless, from any and all losses, damages, claims, liabilities (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) which may arise from User’s breach of any representations and warranties made by User to AAA.
- Each User hereby further agrees to indemnify and save AAA, our affiliates, directors, officers and employees harmless, from any and all losses, damages, claims, liabilities (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) which may arise, directly or indirectly, as a result of any claims asserted by Third Party Rights claimants or other third parties relating to products offered or displayed on the Sites. Each User hereby further agrees that AAA is not responsible and shall have no liability to you, for any material posted by others, including defamatory, offensive or illicit material and that the risk of damages from such material rests entirely with each User. AAA reserves the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you shall cooperate with AAA in asserting any available defenses.
- AAA shall not be liable for any special, direct, indirect, punitive, incidental or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever (including but not limited to damages for loss of profits or savings, business interruption, loss of information), whether in contract, negligence, tort, equity or otherwise or any other damages resulting from any of the following:a) the use or the inability to use the Sites or Services;
b) any defect in goods, samples, data, information or services purchased or obtained from a User or any other third party through the Sites or Services;
c) violation of Third Party Rights or claims or demands that User’s manufacture, importation, exportation, distribution, offer, display, purchase, sale and/or use of products or services offered or displayed on the Sites or through the Services may violate or may be asserted to violate Third Party Rights; or claims by any party that they are entitled to defense or indemnification in relation to assertions of rights, demands or claims by Third Party Rights claimants;
d) unauthorized access by third parties to data or private information of any User;
e) statements or conduct of any User of the Sites or Services; or;
f) any matters relating to the Sites or Services, however arising, including negligence.
- Notwithstanding any of the foregoing provisions, the aggregate liability of AAA, our employees, agents, affiliates, representatives or anyone acting on our behalf with respect to each User for all claims arising from the access to or use of the Sites or Services during any calendar year shall be limited to the greater of (a) the amount of fees the User has paid to AAA in exchange for the access to or use of the Site or Services during the calendar year and (b) the maximum amount permitted under the applicable law. The preceding sentence shall not preclude the requirement by the User to prove actual damages. All claims arising from the use of the Sites or Services must be filed within one (1) year from the date the cause of action arose or such longer period as prescribed under the applicable law governing the Terms.
- The limitations and exclusions of liability to you under the Terms shall apply to the maximum extent permitted by law and shall apply whether or not AAA has been advised of or should have been aware of the possibility of any such losses arising.
Under no circumstances shall AAA be held liable for any delay or failure or disruption of the content or the Services accessed or delivered through the Sites or the creation or fulfilment of contracts resulting directly or indirectly from acts of nature, forces or causes beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation, Internet failures, computer, telecommunications or any other equipment failures, electrical power failures, strikes, labor disputes, riots, insurrections, civil disturbances, shortages of labor or materials, fires, flood, storms, explosions, acts of God, war, governmental actions, orders of domestic or foreign courts or tribunals, or non-performance of third parties or any suspension or disruption of transportation or business operation (including but not limited to delays or disruption of the resumption of work or operation ordered by any government agency) in the event of a national or regional spread of epidemic or pandemic.
Intellectual Property Rights
- AAA is the sole owner or lawful licensee of all the rights and interests in the Sites and the Site Content. The Sites and Site Content embody trade secrets and other intellectual property rights protected under worldwide copyright and other laws. All title, ownership and intellectual property rights in the Sites and Site Content shall remain with AAA, our affiliates or licensors, as the case may be. All rights not otherwise claimed under the Terms or by AAA are hereby reserved.
- “AAA” and related icons and logos are registered/unregistered trademarks or trademarks or service marks of AAA. The unauthorized copying, modification, use or publication of these marks is strictly prohibited.
- AAA may have independent third parties involved in the provision of the Sites or Services (e.g., the authentication and verification service providers). You may not use any trademark, service mark or logo of such independent third parties without prior written approval from such parties.
- Subject to any additional agreements, the Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and AAA with respect to and govern your use of the Sites and Services, superseding any prior written or oral agreements in relation to the same subject matter herein.
- AAA and you are independent contractors, and no agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by the Terms.
- If any provision of the Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be deleted and the remaining provisions shall remain valid and be enforced.
- Headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe or describe the scope or extent of such clause.
- AAA’s failure to enforce any right or failure to act with respect to any breach by you under the Terms will not constitute a waiver of that right nor a waiver of AAA’s right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
- AAA shall have the right to assign the Terms (including all of our rights, titles, benefits, interests, and obligations and duties in the Terms to any person or entity (including any affiliates of AAA). You may not assign, in whole or part, the Terms to any person or entity.
- THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF SINGAPORE AND THE PARTIES TO THIS AGREEMENT HEREBY SUBMIT TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF THE COURT OF SINGAPORE.